- You’ve eliminated clichés.
- You’ve eliminated repetition – words, phrases, sentences repeated scenes etc.
- Cut out waffle/irrelevant information.
- That narrative isn’t overly flowery and sentences remain tight and concise.
- That there are few instances of ‘was’ and ‘there’ as possible.
- That you show/don’t tell.
- You have a good balance of narrative, description and dialogue.
- You’ve removed adjectives and adverbs.
- You’ve kept a consistent POV.
Next week: Part 2 of Polishing Your Prose.